Apr 16, 2009

Forsaken by James David Jordan - My Review

Originally Posted at Bibliophile's Retreat by Melissa Meeks


B&H Fiction (October 1, 2008)
Taylor Pasbury, a former government agent still beset by her own past, is hired by Simon Mason to head up security for his productions and family. Amidst her first experience of a Simon Mason event, his collegian daughter disappears en route to the airport when returning to school. In addition to Mason’s request to hire her, she insists on being fully involved in the attempts to locate and rescue the girl who quickly became like a younger sister. Through their association Simon and Taylor find themselves forming a personal attachment as well as the professional one and discover they both have pasts they’d like to hide and in some cases ones they’d like to escape as well.

Although I’d say suspense is not among my favored genres, I am discovering authors who are new to me that have opened a new type of reading that I am beginning to find quite appealing in some cases. Jordan has quickly risen to my favorites list in a type of book that is hard to please me with. His style and characters not only hold a similar appeal to my favorite genres but move at a pace that kept me turning pages late into the night with my desire to discover the next twist or event in this plot despite my reluctance to end the association with his characters and story. I sincerely and impatiently hope to see more of Taylor and Simon as well as more from this author. (ISBN#9780805447491, 400pp, $14.99)
Codicil:
Visit The author's site. Also don’t forget to click the bookcover above to purchase your own copy or read more about the book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment