Mar 11, 2009

Goodbye Hollywood Nobody by Lisa Samson - My Review

Originally Posted at Bibliophile's Retreat by Melissa Meeks

NavPress Publishing Group (September 15, 2008)
I put off reading this one because I just couldn't bring myself to say Goodbye to Scotty, Charlie, Seth, Scotty's Dad and all the rest of Samson's beloved characters in this series. I will miss the humor, adventure, Hollywood from the side lines looking into the game perspective and just plain fun in these chronicles of a young girl growing up and discovering herself and her faith while making things her own instead of just following the footsteps laid out by those around her.

Now that I've read all the Hollywood Nobody books I want to read more of Samson's books that I haven't already found that is but I also would love to see these characters revisited in another series down the road because although Goodbye sounds awfully permanent it is something I'd rather not say to favorite characters and series. I much prefer the Parisian style and literal translation of Au Revoir (basic meaning till we meet again).

Scotty and her dad decide it is time to sort out what happened to her mother and find closure on that part of their lives so they can move forward with whatever their new life will be. The might not be pleased with the answers they find or the methods they have to use and especially not with the people they have to deal with to get those answers but its already been too long of not knowing for them to just leave it lie without doing all they can to finally have the answers they've desired all these years. Be sure to read this series from book 1 if you haven't read the others yet so you get the full saga of Scotty's life and can see her mature as time goes along in the books. (ISBN#:9781600062223, 192pp, $12.99)

Codicil:
Drop into Lisa’s website or click the bookcover above to purchase your own copy or read more about the book. Don’t forget to catch up on Scotty’s adventures by reading the books in order, Hollywood Nobody (Book 1), Finding Hollywood Nobody (Book 2), and Romancing Hollywood Nobody (Book 3).

0 comments:

Post a Comment