Aug 18, 2008

That's (Not Exactly) Amore by Tracey Bateman - My Review

Originally Posted at Bibliophile's Retreat by Melissa Meeks

FaithWords (August 14, 2008)
I enjoyed Tracey's 2nd book in the historical series Westward Hearts so figured I'd check out her contemporary novels when I heard about this one. I enjoyed this even more than the Westward Hearts book. I felt this book had more meat to it yet it was an entertaining read. There were several moments of comic relief and a fast moving story as well. I also felt that these characters (3rd in a series) were more fully developed in the span of this book than the characters in the historical (2nd in a series). Perhaps the historical relied more on back story from the previous book than this book did on it's predecessors but I found it more enjoyable and the characters easier to identify with than the historical. I love both historicals and modern day settings but some authors do better at one than the other. I enjoyed following Laini as she stumbled along pursuing a dream that wasn't really where she belonged but convinced that what she really enjoyed could never be more than a hobby. Read this book and discover along with Laini what God has in store for her and the dream He really planted but she wouldn't trust Him to make it work. (ISBN#9780446698955, 304pp, $13.99)

See this post for more links regarding this book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment